Pilates is a series of exercises which work to address movement dysfunctions. Based on a core 34 exercises, these are then developed to incorporate movements and challenge muscular slings which are specific to the needs of the individual. By improving functional movements, Pilates can aid in overcoming pain, recovering from pathology and resolve movement dysfunctions. These exercises are most commonly performed whilst lying on a mat, but with the use of equipment and performing in upright postures, can quickly be progressed into more functional positions.
Pilates can benefit anyone! Whether you are a seasoned runner looking to make fine improvements, a long time sufferer of chronic back pain or just someone looking for a new way to improve their inner strength.
– Increase strength around the stabilising muscles of the core
– Increase flexibility
– Improve posture
– Reduce injury risks
– Aid in rehabilitation post injury or surgery
– Reduce stress
Our physiotherapist Jenny offers 1:1 Pilates sessions tailored specifically to your needs. An initial assessment is used to formulate personalised exercise sessions which will continue to challenge your body. Our 45 minute 1:1 sessions enable us to ensure you are getting the most out of every session, reviewing your progress so that you can really obtain the benefits.
Prefer small, group sessions? Maybe you would like to attend a class with a friend? No problem! We offer group sessions for up to 3 clients.
You will need to have had an initial assessment first before attending the class, so that it can be tailored to your needs!
– 1:1 assessment must be completed before booking into a class
– Classes can be paid for individually or in block session
– All equipment is provide
– Exercise sheets for you to practice at home are also available
– Initial assessment £60 (Hour long session – includes prescription of 2 exercises to get you started on your Pilates journey)
– Pay as you go 1:1 class – £40
– Block booked 1:1 class – £200 (6 sessions for the price of 5!)
-Group Classes (up to 3 people) – Limited time offer – Only £99 for 6 sessions